The Objectives of all LDIs are:
- to develop a cadre of positive youth leadership throughout the nation.
- to stimulate an appreciation for African American leadership in the United States and the world.
- to expose students to various leadership skills, opportunities, and challenges.
- to inform students of the current and emerging economic, social, political, communal, and cultural issues affecting African
Americans and people of color in America and the world.
- to nurture a network of positive youth by providingfertile opportunities for them to interact on various social and cultural settings.
- to promote and stimulate an appreciation for Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
- to encourage civic involvement, such as voting. to link the LDI with the fraternity’s programs and special projects,
such as Project Alpha, A Voteless People is a Hopeless People, and Go to High School Go to College.
World Policy Council
The mission of the Alpha Phi Alpha World Policy Council (WPC) is to address issues of concern to our brotherhood, our communities, our nation, and the world. The council has been charged with applying sustained and profound intellectual energy to understanding an alternative means of bringing about the resolution of problems at the community, national, and international levels; expanding fraternal and public knowledge of such problems, and engaging public discussion about them. The council, in fulfilling its mission, is non-partisan, gives consideration to domestic and international issues, seeks the counsel of experts in relevant fields, provides perspectives on specific problems, and, where practicable, recommends possible solutions that may have a favorable impact on African Americans, the community, the nation, and the world.